It's the chilly season (well for most but not over here in California)! Though I live in California, that's okay because this is a soup you can enjoy any time of the year.
Homemade Tomato Soup
- 3 lbs Tomatoes on the vine
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Onion
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 can Tomato sauce
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- Set oven to 350 degrees
- Wash all your vegetables with cold water and baking soda (baking soda is optional, that is just what I use). Peel the first layer of skin off carrots and remove skin from garlic.
- Remove inside of tomatoes.
- Cut carrots into 1/2 inch pieces and cut onions into wedges.
- Layer them all on a sheet pan and pour a small amount of extra virgin olive oil onto all vegetables. Make sure to use hands to cover all parts. Once that's done, sprinkle salt all over vegetables.
- Roast in the oven for about 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit to cool.
- Put all vegetables, garlic, and tomato sauce into a blender and puree.
- Pour into a pan and simmer to get warm.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream, stir and let simmer for about 5 minutes on low.